How to get to Bolzano
Bolzano is located in the center of the Alps, next to the main connection between Italy and Central/Northern Europe at the Brenner pass.
- the “Valerio Catullo Airport” airport of Verona is connected to the train station of Verona Porta Nuova, via the Aerobus 199 service. From Verona Porta Nuova station, Bolzano is reachable with a single train in around 2 hours. See timetables and book tickets on Trenitalia or Italo. Alternatively, Alto Adige Südtirol Bus offers airport shuttle services between the airport and Bolzano. Tickets cost 50€ - 75€. Similar offers are by Flixbus.
- From Milano Malpensa airport you can easily reach Milano Centrale, via MalpensaExpress. The Milano Linate airport is connected to the city centre via bus (e.g. linate-shuttle) or metro. From the train station of Milan you can get to Bolzano in around 3 hours. Book tickets on Trenitalia or Italo. Alternatively, Alto Adige Südtirol Bus offers airport shuttle services between those airports and Bolzano. Tickets cost 50€ - 75€. Similar offers are by Flixbus. From Bergamo, the best option is to reach Bolzano by Flixbus. Alternatively, you may reach either Milano Centrale or Brescia by bus (e.g. Terravision or OrioShuttle), and take a train afterwords.
- Venice has two airports: Venezia Marco Polo and Treviso Canova. Both airports are connected through the regular bus services to the nearest train stations: Venezia Mestre and Venezia Santa Lucia. From the train stations of Venice you can get to Bolzano in around 4 hours (see Trenitalia or Italo). Deutsche Bahn Eurocity operates a train from Venezia Mestre to Bolzano Bozen once daily. Tickets cost 27€ - 40€ and the journey takes 2h 44m. For all other train connections you will have to change in Verona Porta Nuova.
- If you arrive in Munich, take the S8 (Metro) to the central station. From the central station direct international trains (e.g., DB Bahn and OBB) go to Bozen-Bolzano every two hours, while a cheaper option are buses operated by Flixbus.
- Coming by car, use the Brennero A22 motorway and take the exit Bolzano-Sud if you come from the South (Verona - Trento), and Bolzano-Nord if you come from the North (Munich - Innsbruck). The closest parking places are behind the Central Station (City Parking Bolzano). Tickets cost 1,50€ - 2,50€ per hour, depending on how close the parking lot is to the city center. Here is a list of the public parking lots.
- To arrive by train, check out Trenitalia and Italo for more information and options. The train station is only a few minutes walking from the city center.
- For getting Bolzano by bus, please check out the following service providers: Alto Adige Südtirol Bus, Flixbus, Busgroup.
The address of the conference is: Via Alessandro Volta, 13, 39100 Bolzano BZ
Where to stay in BolzanoThere are many accommodation options in Bolzano and surroundings. The majority of accommodations in Bolzano are at a walking distance from the main conference venue, or at most at a 10-15 minute distance by public transport or bike. Examples follow.
Hotels in Bolzano:
- HOTEL FIGL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOTEL FEICHTER: email@example.com
- HOTEL GREIF: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PARKHOTEL LUNA MONDSCHEIN: email@example.com
- STADT HOTEL CITTÀ: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOTEL SCALA STIEGL: email@example.com
Budget accommodations in the city center:
- KOLPINGHAUS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- YOUTHOSTEL: email@example.com
More info about south tyrol here.